Nvidia has just released a new forceware drivers with the WHQL certification. ForceWare version 182.06 is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows XP and Vista and supports GeForce 6-series and up. According to the company, you should expect to see improved performance in games such as Left 4 Dead and Fallout 3 at high resolution with anti-aliasing enabled.
- You may download the new drivers by visiting our Tools Page.
- To download the Driver directly from Nvidia, Click Here.
F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin, Race Driver: GRID, Half Life 2 and other 3D applications also receive speed boosts with this release. In addition, the new Forceware 182.06 WHQL drivers will provide users with full support for OpenGL 3.0 on GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs . Also it includes an updated Nvidia’s PhysX system software version 9.09.0203. Read the full list of fixes and changes after the jump or pick the appropriate OS below to download the latest ForceWare driver release.
New in Release 182.06:
- Recommended for the best experience in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.
- Boosts performance in several 3D applications. The following are examples of improvements measured with Release 182.06 WHQL drivers vs. Release 181.22 WHQL drivers (results will vary depending on your GPU, system configuration, and game settings):
- Up to 8% performance increase in Fallout 3 at high resolution and AA.
- Up to 10% performance increase in F.E.A.R. 2: Project Origin.
- Up to 9% performance increase in Half-Life 2 at high resolution with AA.
- Up to 11% performance increase in Left 4 Dead at high resolution with AA.
- Up to 10% performance increase in Race Driver: GRID at high resolution and AA.
- Includes full support for OpenGL 3.0 on GeForce 8-series, 9-series, and 200-series GPUs.
- Automatically installs the new PhysX System Software version 9.09.0203.
- Additional information on specific bug fixes can be found in the release documentation notes.
- Supports single GPU and NVIDIA SLI technology on DirectX 9, DirectX 10, and OpenGL, including 3-way SLI, Quad SLI, and SLI support on SLI-certified Intel X58-based motherboards.
- Supports NVIDIA SLI Multi-monitor support, giving you the ability to use two monitors with your GeForce graphics cards in SLI mode. Learn more here.
- Supports NVIDIA PhysX acceleration on a dedicated GeForce graphics card. Use one card for graphics and dedicate a different card for PhysX processing for game-changing physical effects. Learn more here. Note: GPU PhysX is supported on all GeForce 8-series, 9-series and 200-series GPUs with a minimum of 256MB dedicated graphics memory.
- Supports GeForce Plus Power Pack #2. Download these free PhysX and CUDA applications now!
- Supports CUDA.
- Supports GPU overclocking and temperature monitoring by installing NVIDIA System Tools software.