The much awaited Greenpo1s0n jailbreak is finally released by the Chronic dev team and available for download. This new jailbreak is compatible with almost all iOS devices including iPhone 4 and 3GS, iPod Touch 4 and 3G and iPad running iOS 4.1. The support for iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G and Apple TV will be released later.
You can follow the step-by-step procedure below to jailbreak your device.
Warning: The iOS 4.1 will update your baseband and hence if you rely on ultrasn0w unlock, do not proceed with this method and wait for PwnageTools to make a custom firmware that will not update your baseband. Proceed at your own risk.
- Download GreenPo1s0n for Windows. [Link]
- Power off your device, connect it to your computer, exit iTunes and start the Greenpo1s0n tool.
- Now click on Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU) and follow the on-screen instructions to put your device in DFU mode.
- Once the device is in DFU mode, click on “Jailbreak!” to start the procedure.
- Once the jailbreak is complete, you’ll see an icon named “Loader” on your device. Run this app and install Cydia. Hurrah! Your device is now jailbroken for life!