Jailbreak iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod Touch 4, 3G and iPad running iOS 4.1 using Greenpo1s0nBy Usman Aziz | October 16th, 2010
The much awaited Greenpo1s0n jailbreak is finally released by the Chronic dev team and available for download. This new jailbreak is compatible with almost all iOS devices including iPhone 4 and 3GS, iPod Touch 4 and 3G and iPad running iOS 4.1. The support for iPhone 3G, iPod Touch 2G and Apple TV will be released later.
You can follow the step-by-step procedure below to jailbreak your device.
Warning: The iOS 4.1 will update your baseband and hence if you rely on ultrasn0w unlock, do not proceed with this method and wait for PwnageTools to make a custom firmware that will not update your baseband. Proceed at your own risk.
- Download GreenPo1s0n for Windows. [Link]
- Power off your device, connect it to your computer, exit iTunes and start the Greenpo1s0n tool.
- Now click on Prepare to Jailbreak (DFU) and follow the on-screen instructions to put your device in DFU mode.
- Once the device is in DFU mode, click on “Jailbreak!” to start the procedure.
- Once the jailbreak is complete, you’ll see an icon named “Loader” on your device. Run this app and install Cydia. Hurrah! Your device is now jailbroken for life!