The much awaited sn0wbreeze jailbreak for iOS 4.1 is finally released which supports iPod Touch 1G/2G/3G as well as iPhone 2G/3G/3GS on windows. This tethered jailbreak is easy to implement, follow the guide below to jailbreak your device.
Note: Your device must be running compatible iOS in order to jailbreak with sn0wbreeze. The conditions are enlisted below. The iPhone 4, iPod Touch 4 and iPad are not supported!
- iPhone 3G must be jailbroken on any previous iOS.
- iPhone 3GS (old bootroom) must be jailbroken and Spirit2pwn must be installed from Cydia. (https://repo.woowiz.net)
- iPhone 3GS (new bootrom) must be jailbroken on iOS 3.1.2.
- iPod Touch must be already jailbroken on any previous iOS.
- iPod Touch 2G (Non MC-Model) must be jailbroken on any previous iOS.
- iPod Touch 2G (MC-Model) must be running iOS 3.1.2.
- iPod Touch 3G must be running iOS 3.1.2 and jailbroken.
Warning: If your device does not meet the above conditions, do not proceed with the jailbreak.
- Download the latest iTunes, connect your device to PC and sync your data.
- Download Sn0wbreeze 2.0.1 (link) and iOS 4.1 (link) for your device.
- Now unzip the sn0wbreeze and run the installer.
- Select the expert mode and browser to select the downloaded iOS 4.1 IPSW file.
- In the next step select:
For iPhone 3G: Go to “General” and select the desired options (Enable Native multi-tasking is recommended).
For iPod Touch 3G and iPhone 3GS (New Bootrom): Go to “General” and select “Use iBooty Method”.
- Select “Activate your iPhone” if you rely on an unlock. Sn0wbreeze claims that it will not update your baseband so that you can later unlock it with ultrasn0w.
- Proceeding with the setup, you may also select your custom bootscreen and recovery logo.
- Finally, “Build IPSW” and let sn0wbreeze create a custom IPSW for your device.
- After the custom IPSW is complete, open iTunes and click on “Restore” while pressing left-shift-key. Point it to the custom IPSW sn0wbreeze created. Let iTunes update your device which will take several minutes.
Note: If iTunes crashes before updating, download iREB (link), run it’s setup, enter DFU as it shows and let it run. Now repeat the last step again.
- Once the update is complete, you can sync your files back from iTunes.
- To unlock your device, run Cydia, add “repo666.ultrasn0w.com” as “Source” and search and download ultrasn0w to unlock your devices on any baseband except 05.14.02.
If you encounter any problems, please let us know in the comments and we’ll get back to you.
Disclaimer: We will not be responsible for any damage due to following this guide. Proceed at your own risk.