Apple recently released the iOS 4.0.2 to patch the PDF exploit vulnerability which makes the iPhone safer. However jailbreaking your iPhone using JailbreakMe 2.0 Star is not possible anymore. There is a good news for those of you using iPhone 3G that the device can be jailbroken using Redsn0w like on the previous versions iOS.
Follow the step by step procedure below to jailbreak your iPhone 3G on iOS 4.0.2.
- Download iOS 4.0.2 for iPhone 3G.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.5b5-5 for Windows or Mac.
- Update your iPhone to the lastest firmware you just downloaded using iTunes.
- Now run Redsn0w and point it to iOS 4.0 final version which can be downloaded from this link.
- Proceed with the jailbreak and select “Install Cydia” option.
- Plug-off your iPhone 3G and connect it to your computer and proceed with the jailbreak.
- Press and POWER and HOME button simultaneously of your device for a few seconds to boot into recovery mode.
- In the next stage, hold the power button and then press the home button. While keeping the home button, release the power button to invoke the installation.
- Restart your device to complete the jailbreak procedure.