AppSync for iOS 4.1 has now been released that works for both iPhone and iPod Touch running iOS 4.1. The AppSync enables you install .ipa files manually without using iTunes by patching the MobileInstallation files on the iOS. Hence you can install .ipa files directly to your device.
Now that it is possible to jailbreak your iPhone and iPod Touch using easy to use tools, it is much simpler to install AppSync to your device. Remember that this installation is compatible with all versions of iPhone and iPod Touch whether or not it’s jailbreak is out. Though you will need to jailbreak your device with Cydia installed to proceed with the installation.
Note: Make sure your device is jailbroken before proceeding with the method. If you haven’t already, visit the jailbreak post to follow the step by step instructions to jailbreak your device.
- Tap on Cydia and go to Manage Tab.
- Open the Sources and select edit and then add from the top left.
- Enter “https://cydia.hackulo.us” and Add Source. The new repository is now added to your sources. Let cydia complete the updating process which might take a while.
- Now go to the Search tab and enter AppSync for iOS 4.1 in the search bar.
- Tap on the application, then Install and Confirm. Now wait for the installation to finish which will patch your MobileInstallation file.
- You may need to respring or reboot your device before it starts working.
After the installation is complete, you must be able to install .ipa files manually to your device running iOS 4.1. If this does not happen, restart your device and repeat the procedure again.
Disclaimer: HardwareInsight.com does not support installation of illegal or cracked files. Please buy the application you wish to install to support the developers.