Apple recently released iOS 4.0.1 firmware for iPhone primarily to update the signal calculating formula for the popular smartphone. Fortunately, the iPhone baseband was not updated with this release making it easy to unlock your iPhone. However jailbreak for iOS 4.0.1 is only supported iPhone 3G for now, but we can expect jailbreak and unlock for iPhone 4 and 3GS soon.
Follow the steps below to unlock your iPhone.
- Jailbreak your iPhone, currently supported for iPhone 3G only.
- Run ‘Cydia’ app and go to ‘Manage’ tab.
- Now tap of ‘Sources’ from the menu.
- Select ‘Edit’ and ‘Add’ the following repository.
“https://repo666.ultrasn0w.com” and select ‘Add Source’.
- After the sources have update, search ‘ultrasn0w 0.93’ from Cydia. Install this application to your iPhone.
- Restart the iPhone to complete the unlock procedure.
HardwareInsight does not support jailbreaking or unlocking. We do not endorse any issue occurred by following the procedure listed in this page.