A new hack has been released by Sam Bingner (@bingner) which allow you to activate your iPhone 4, 3GS, 3G without the original SIM of the official carrier. The Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM) activates the iPhone for those relying on the ultrasn0w unlock that drastically save battery life.
Earlier, the redsn0w jailbreak used hacktivation procedure to activate your device without the original SIM card. This would enable the phone to operate and unlock, however the iPhone would keep sending the certificates for the original carrier over Wi-Fi or 3G that drastically reduced battery life and eats a lot of bandwidth. This hack would also solve the Push Notifications issue and all the applications including YouTube would work perfectly.
“Subscriber Artificial Module (SAM)” tricks your iPhone and iTunes into creating legitimate activation tickets even though you’re unlocked with ultrasn0w. This means you get the full benefit of push applications, and your battery life increases substantially. If you’d like to try it out, check out https://www.bingner.com/SAM.html“.
The step-by-step guide to install SAM is given below.
- If you haven’t already, jailbreak your device using this guide. Now download the Redsn0w 0.9.6b6 available for both Windows and Mac.
- Start Cydia from your jailbroken iPhone, go to Manage and select Sources. Now tap on Edit and Add the repository: https://repo.bingner.com/ and select Add Source.
- Once the sources have been updates, go to the Bingner Source and install SAM and SAMPrefs. You’ll have to reboot your device to complete the installations.
- Now comes the use of Redsn0w. Fire up the redsn0w 0.9.6b setup, provide it with your current iOS IPSW and select Deactivate as shown below. This will revert your iPhone to stock lockdownd.
- Now start iTunes while your iPhone is connected to the computer and let it activate your device. You device would now be activated officially. 🙂
- If you’ve not already, go to Cydia and install ultrasn0w 1.2 to unlock your device. A detailed guide is posted here.