One of the hottest features in iPhone 4 is the FaceTime video call capability which actually gives a flawless experience to video chat over Wi-Fi or even 3G. However the feature needs to be activated before it can be used which is not possible for those who rely on an unlock to run the iPhone with an unofficial carrier of their choice, including T-Mobile.
MiTime is a new application for iPhone which activates the FaceTime feature with carriers other than AT&T. However the application relies on sending and receiving International SMS (see below) for which it doesn’t come free of cost. If you are willing to spend $5.99 to enable FaceTime on your device, read through to download and install MiTime.
Note: In order to install the MiTime app, you first need to purchase the application. Please follow the instructions on the purchase page to correctly enter your data. It is better to read the whole guide before making the purchase to avoid any inconvenience.
- After you’ve purchased the MiTime application, run Cydia and go to Source and add the following repository: https://cydia.pushfix.info
- Now search for MiTime from Cydia and install it to your iPhone.
- In order to correctly enter your phone number, check it in Setting -> Phone. If you’re outside the US, you need to enter the ‘+’ symbol and the complete phone number to continue. Do not continue if your phone number is not correct or does not match the number you entered in the purchase page.
- Now run the MiTime application and if it says it is “Ready for Activation”, tap the Activate button and wait for a response for atleast 15 minutes. If a response is not received with-in 15 minutes, reboot your device to try again.
- The response should come in usually 1 minute, and the app will show “Activated” after you’ve received the response. After this stage, you’re good to go.
- In case you’re facing any problem setting up the MiTime application, you can head over to the instructions page.
Disclaimer: Follow this guide on your own risk. HardwareInsight does not endorse, market or sale this application. We are not responsible for any issues such as loss of payment or privacy or a malfunction due to the usage of this application.