One of the most impressive features of iPhone 4 is the ability to take high-quality photos using High Dynamic Ranging or HDR. However the same was not present with iPod Touch 4 which combined with low resolution camera gave low quality photos. The iPod Touch 4 can now be jailbroken using either Limera1n or Greenpois0n tools and this feature can now be enabled on iPod Touch 4.
The HDR feature will drastically increase the quality of the photos taken from the new iPod. This could be easily enabled by following the series of steps below.
Note: Make sure your device is jailbroken with Cydia installed before you proceed with this method.
Warning: Proceed at your own risk. Enabling HDR is not supported by iPod Touch 4 by default and is not recommended.
- Open Cydia from your iPod Touch and tap on Manage.
- Go to Search and type iPod Touch 4 HDR Enabler in the search bar.
- Tap on the app and Install and then Confirm. This is install the modification to your device.
- After the installation is complete, go to Winterboard and enable the HDR Enabler.
- You might have to restart springboard or reboot your device before using the new feature.
If you process does not work for the first time, reboot your device and repeat the process again.