Developers are always hard at work when a new version of iOS takes ground, usually it takes them less than a week to get into the roots of the OS and find the loop holes and exploits, however, as the OS is getting mature the exploits are getting harder to find. Previous jailbreakers might be familiar with ultrasn0w from cydia, a tool widely used to Unlock SIM free support on iPhones, if you have been preserving your baseband and following the guides and rules to preserve it then you are in luck as ultrasn0w DEVS have geared up and released a version that supports iOS 6 unlock on iPhone 4 and 3gs, follow the steps to unlock your device:
Disclaimer: HardwareInsight takes no responsibility of any bricked or broken device, follow the guide at your own risk and remember to always backup your phone before performing any software modification.
Ultrasn0w fixer can unlock iPhone 4 and iPhone 3gs on following base-bands:
- First thing first, you need to have a jailbrake(ed) device, if you don’t have one than use absinthe to jailbreak it.
- Open up cydia from your phone, go to manage and then select sources
- Now we are going to add a repository, hit edit and then add and then enter the following address: https://repo.iparelhos.com
- Select add source and it will process it
- Now go to the downloaded repository and download and install Ultrasno0w Fixer 6.0
- Once done, download official ultrasn0w package from cydia
- And that’s it, your work is done, let ultrasn0w work its magic
The key part of the method is to install ultrasn0w fixer before ultrasn0w; otherwise the hack won’t work, so please make sure you follow the steps, back up the phone and have a happy unlocked device.