If you’re planning to buy an ipod touch 3rd generation, I would strongly recommend you to get the 32 GB or 64 GB model. Earlier I explained that the 8GB model of the 3rd generation ipod touch is actually the 2nd generation. However the 32GB and 64Gb are truly the 3rd generation devices. There is a difference of only $100 between the 8GB and 32GB, but along with 4 times storage you get a lot more.
Reasons to buy ipod Touch 32 GB (3G) rather than 8 GB (3G)
- It has 4 times the storage space
- 32 GB (3g) has 600 MHz processor and 8 GB (3g) has 533 MHz
- It has twice the RAM (256MB) than 8GB model with 128 MB of RAM
- The 32 GB and 64 GB configurations of the iPod touch 3G has Voice Control navigation and the VoiceOver screen reader, the 8 GB model does not.
- 8 GB supports OpenGL ES 1.1 graphics whereas 32 GB supports OpenGL ES 2.0
- The 8 GB comes with an apple standard earbuds and 32 GB comes with Apple Earphones with Remote and Mic
- It’s only $100 expensive than 8 GB model
- It’s faster than iPhone 3G S
- Price: 8GB ($199), 32GB ($299)
- Good resale value
So remember that it’s not only the storage that you’re getting with the 32 GB model, it’s 3rd generation in true sense and also, yet, the latest generation of Apple ipod touch. The 3rd generation ipod touch is even faster than the iPhone 3G S, see the video below: