Innovation starts with imagination. Its next-generation of next-generation applications and Microsoft is still leading the way with its recant beta release of Visual Studio 2010. The main goal of Visual Studio 2010 is to “democratize application life cycle management” by making it easier for developers, database pros, architects, and testers to work together in Visual Studio Team System 2010. It provides automatic testing and bugs identification , enhanced user experience that makes understanding the current context more natural, simplified parallel programming, enhanced team application management, application development got more productive, efficient and flexible.
Above all while running an application when a bug is found a screen shot is provided to developer that helps in bug detection in code. Other features include streamlined installation and configuration processes, enhanced agile development techniques and better build management.
How can you think that it can’t give you any flexibility for cloud application development, With Windows Azure Tools for Visual Studio, it’s easy for developers to build, debug and deploy services and applications for cloud platform using:
- C# and VB Project Templates for building Cloud Services
- Tools to change the Service Role configuration
- Integrated local development via Development Fabric and Development Storage services
- Debugging Cloud Service Roles running in the Development Fabric
- Building and packaging of Cloud Service Packages
- Browsing to the Azure Services Developer Portal
Now its not only the SQL Server but With the Visual Studio 2010 partner ecosystem, developers are able to work with IBM DB2 and Oracle databases in addition to Microsoft SQL Server™ databases.
And for web development there is:
- “One Click Deployment” that quickly publishes files and configuration settings from development machines to the final deployed site
- Full support for Silverlight™ for cutting-edge, rich Internet applications
Last but not least Visual Studio 2010 provides .NET Framework 4 with more ease and flexibility as compared to 3.5.
See complete details here