Dell will release its new super slim laptop, the Adamo XPS which is 1 cm thick. The release date, price and specs are not disclosed by dell yet. Dell is only teasing with pictures of this awesome machine. Mind you that this laptop will be thinner than MacBookAir whose thickness varies from 0.4-1.94 cm. The main challenge for dell is to squeeze a long-lasting battery into this thin space which is very difficult. Of course, this product will be very expensive but what’s the point of buying when you don’t get a good battery time. I think a battery time of at least 6 hours at max use will go good with this slim laptop and that will make it the most ultra portable laptop.
In the picture above, the laptop looks like a paper. It’s really very thin and hopefully light weight. If dell manages to keep it under $1500, it will be a good choice for portability. Dell has not revealed any of the specs yet but hopefully it will be powerful as compared to MacBookAir. The previous version of Adamo is 16.5 mm in thickness and has a core 2 duo processor in it.
Update: Unofficial Specs:
- 1.4 or 1.9 GHz dual core Intel Processor
- Integrated X4500MHD graphics
- 4GB of DDR3 RAM
- 128 or 180GB SSD
- 13.4 inch screen size
Okay, I’ve been working out some aspects of Dell Adamo to decide whether it will be a success or not. A buyer needs to keep following things in mind before going for this product.
- It’s thinner than Apple’s MacBook Air.
- The previous Adamo is 16.5 mm in thickness yet provides very powerful specs. Let’s hope this one is more powerful.
- It should have a battery time of at least 6 hours minimum to be declared as the ultimate portable machine.
- It should come with Windows 7 and SSD like previous Adamo.
- Basic things like Bluetooth and Webcam should not be missing.
- It should weigh less than 2 Kg like previous Adamo
- The price should not exceed $2500 at start and $2000 after few months.
See previous Adamo
See New Adamo XPS
Via Nexus 404
Updates: Some more pictures
Update: See price, release date and specs